Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chores

One day, while griping about dishes, Hubby decided to Google "How to make my wife do chores?" At least that's what he claimed he looked up. The result to that? Google kindly informed my husband that his query had no matches and offered one of the four alternatives:

(1) How to make my boyfriend do chores?

(2) How to make my husband do chores?

(3) How to make my kids do chores?

(4) How to make my wife happy. :)

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce Hubby's search result for a screen shot. :( When I searched the same alleged keywords, I do see some "How to make my wife do chores?" postings. One thing of note is, since I have only civilized and evolved men in my life, when I see a statement like that I naturally, matter-of-factly assumed they meant "How do I make my wife to do [her half] of the chores?" Upon reading the 50+  comments mostly from women bashing the poster being an asshole and some of the other men's postings, evidently there are still men out there who strongly believe that chores are women's job??? Okay, maybe in the scenario that the man is the sole (and highly adequate) bread winner and they are kids-free; otherwise, I can't even wrap my mind around the concept! And these men can still find themselves mating partners? :-O

No comments:

Post a Comment